February 8, 2009

Console beginning in 6 days....

Well now that Tardis is in actual Test status we can move on to Cassandra / New Eart Mod. Yeah! Well I know I am excited. I will be posting my status daily in the next release status post, so if your wandering how much longer, what's left etc take a peak. Just a note on Tardis, I will be adding changes to Tardis and bug corrections and new features in the future, this is certainly not the end. And there is still lot travel features....so look for these in the future.
Now for the Console....

In 6 days from now I start the console of choice which certainly looks like it will be the modern console room, which is going to be probably the hardest of all lol, but once that is done we get to some really great mods, namely Dalek and others. Would really appreciate any picture of the modern console showing the things on it, layout of room. I have requested this before but only got 1 or 2 people actually help out, 3d's do not help me, I dont want other peoples mesh designs to influence me or there take on how it is laid out. Photos of the playset from different angles would be incredibly helpful, or just great shots, distance shots dont help much. As mostly they shot the same side and angles in the show.

Also since this is almost from scratch I am going to ask for some input on how you would prefer it. A single placeable object with the interior pillars and console, walls etc or a buildable set so you can move things around, add extra rooms etc. I dont plan on using texture for walls. I inend a single wall mesh or joinable mesh of some kind. Dont mention the door I have got that worked out with a really great method planned.

The Console will have some animations, probably not the controls, as that would be incredibly time consumming. But definately have some interactions, some similar to the Tardis itself. Room Lighting, I am going to look into having different actual lighting, regular and the red hint.

As far as me building other rooms....I dunno if I will take it that far or not, the Zero Room was destroyed in the classic series, although I think big finish has it that it has been rebuilt, but status in current series is unknown, so we only get to see 2 rooms in the show...very lame...the wardrobe and the console room, with a bunch of trunks underneath console, which I thought were in his attic?

As far as the other console rooms go, they would be much easier and I would like to at some point do them, and the Torchwood Hub.

So start requesting your features for the console room now, give your opions, make sudgestions because in 6 days I start. And there will be no going back.

No comments: